5 Minutes of Fame with Marathon Runner & Triathlete Kylie Simpson
5 MINUTES OF FAME WITH MARATHON RUNNER & TRIATHLETE KYLIE SIMPSON
- What is your favorite Paleo Hero product?
I have only tried the Choc granola, and love it. I have it for breakfast with coconut cream and berries. And can even be found eating it straight from the packet as a snack, or adding it as a topping to my smoothies. I’m looking forward to enjoying some more of the products and incorporating them into my nutrition plan.
- What does a 'day in the life of' look like for you?
A typical day is wake up between 4.45am – 5.00am and do some mobility exercises to get my body moving, minimum of 30mins, then off for a run session (anywhere between 12km – 25km, depending on the day). Home for breakfast, walk the dogs (normally to Wilde Kitchen to have my daily bulletproof coffee) and then a rest.
Mid/late morning a gym session with my strength and conditioning coach.
Lunch and a rest, mid afternoon some more mobility exercises followed by either a swim session and second run for the day, or a wind trainer session. Normally I run twice a day, my second run is always an easy/turn the legs over recovery run and I listen to music or podcasts.
Second walk and play in the park for the dogs, sometimes they will get a third walk in the middle of the day depending on my sessions.
I always try to have any early dinner, and aim for bed before 9pm, if I am in a training phase leading into a race, I will be in bed by 7.30pm.
I like to do 3 sessions a day, alternating between swim/bike/run. I do mobility exercise daily at home to ensure that my body stays moving and injury free.
- If you could give one piece of nutritional wisdom to the Australian public, what would it be?
Just eat real food, nothing processed.
- If you could spend the day with one celebrity, who would it be & why?
The Queen, I love her. I have an immense amount of respect for her, she is always dignified and never falters in her leadership. I think she has paved the way for women to succeed at anything they put their mind too.
- What's your favourite colour?
- What's your favourite way to workout when you are not training?
Walking and playing with the dogs, especially at the beach, where I will always have a swim in the ocean.
- Can you share with us a motivational quote that really resonates with you?
Success comes when you are willing to risk everything for a goal only you can see.
Back yourself. (I have this engraved on a bangle)
- Some days must be tougher than others to keep motivated. What gets you through the tough days?
My determination to achieve my goals, I know that every day isn’t going to feel great, but consistency is the key.
- What does relaxing look like in your down-time?
- Who is the person who has inspired you most to do what you do?
Paula Radcliffe, Women’s world record holder for the marathon.