We have some awesome Paleo Hero Ambassadors and we are pleased as punch to have Gold Coast local Dani Byrnes on board to help share the Hero-love. Dani is a fitness trainer, pilates instructor, model and avid runner currently training for the New York marathon. Here's our 5 minutes of fame with Dani.
1. What is your favorite Paleo Hero product?
The Choc Granola has long been a favourite! But a close second is the Paleo Pancake Mix - topped off with granola of course!
2. What does a 'day in the life of' look like for you? I am a Pilates and Fitness Trainer, so I am up at the crack of dawn most mornings, generally having my first clients at 6am. On my mornings off work, I am normally training myself - which will be either running, Pilates, Kickboxing or Yoga. What is a sleep in?? The good thing about early starts is the early finishes, where I then take my dog Max for a run either at the beach or the local dog park. My partner Tim and I love trying new dishes at cafes all around the Gold Coast, so we generally have brunch or lunch at one of our fave cafes or scour Instagram to find the new hot spots we haven't tried yet. By mid afternoon I am back in the home office working on emails and admin work for my business, then by 3pm it's coffee o'clock again! Late afternoons are my favourite time of day to take Max for his second (or third) walk of the day and this would normally be at the beach across the road, just on sunset. I try to make dinner from scratch most nights. Stirfry's, Mexican and anything with Zoodles (zucchini noodles) are generally on the rotating weekly menu!
3. If you could give one piece of nutritional wisdom to the Australian public, what would it be? Do not diet - make sustainable diet adjustments that you can stick to for the long haul.It's great to treat yourself occasionally! Instead of giving up your favourite treats completely (i.e chocolate!), simply try to halve the amount you eat so you don't end up over-indulging- or consider replacing it with a healthier alternative! Try to consume products with minimal or no processing at all, and eat them in their most natural, organic state to preserve the nutrients.
4. If you could spend the day with one celebrity, who would it be & why? She hasn't been around the ropes in a while, but I would be fascinated to spend a day with Oprah. I don't think there is a celebrity or influencer on the planet that she hasn't interviewed and I think she'd have some great stories up her sleeve!
5. What's your favourite colour?
Turquoise! Alot of things around my house are Turquoise, I find it a real positive and creative colour for me. Most of my fitness clothes and accessories are turquoise, including my matching Garmin watch and Mizuno runners!
6. What's your favourite way to workout when you are not training? When I am not running, I enjoy doing high intensity training. Short and sharp tabata style workouts targeting every muscle. It's such an effective and efficient way to train - particularly on those busy weeks when I am somewhat time poor! Even a 30 minute session will keep my endorphins boosted for the rest of the day.
7. Can you share with us a motivational quote that really resonates with you? "Energy and persistence conquer all things" - Benjamin Franklin. This quote resonates with me on many aspects; from day-to-day tasks, right up to long term fitness and business goals. It's important to remind yourself that it is physically impossible to do a hundred tasks at once, all at lightning speed. Great things will come with patience.
8. Some days must be tougher than others to keep motivated. What gets you through the tough days? Tough days are probably my busy days - the ones where I have about 85 hours of work to do, in just 24 hours. Somehow I manage to juggle everything, and I am probably more productive when I am flat chat! What gets me through is the fact that I love my job. If there is ever something I don't like - I won't do it. It's really important to enjoy everything you do in life, then you'll never have to call it work!
9. What does relaxing look like in your down-time? I honestly can't sit still. My idea of relaxing is a day spent at home cleaning and popping out to catch a friend for coffee.
10. Who is the person who has inspired you most to do what you do? I wouldn't say there is one particular role model I have been inspired by, but if I could thank anyone for helping me find what inspires me personally - that is my parents, for drilling the sporty passion into me! I first started Little Athletics when I was about 6, then they put me through every other sport in existence (almost)!